Henry’s Cafe: 623-847-3111
Towers Dining: 623-847-3055
What is GCA?
As a Glencroft resident, you are automatically a GCA member. There are no dues involved.
The stated purpose of the Glencroft Community Association (GCA) is:
1. Act as liaison between the residents of Glencroft and the Glencroft Administration;
2. Assist in providing services and activities for the residents.
The GCA is an organization designed to be the resident voice of Glencroft and to assist in providing effective communications between the Community and Glencroft management. In addition, the GCA is charged with assisting in providing services and activities that will directly benefit the membership and to support the many volunteer activities that make Glencroft a wonderful place to live. This “purpose” is accomplished by a GCA Administrative Board consisting of positions elected from within the GCA membership. A listing of these positions is included in the Bylaws. You may obtain a copy of the GCA Bylaws at the Concierge’s Office in the Villa.
There is a GCA membership meeting held once a month (except in June, July and August). This Community Meeting starts at 3:30 PM in the Glencroft Auditorium on the first Tuesday of each month. Notice of the upcoming Community meetings and minutes of the prior months meeting are posted on the area bulletin boards. Meeting notices are also published in “The Informer” and included on Glencroft Channel 2, as well as your “Smart Phone” App. Remember, it’s your GCA! We hope to see you at these meetings, as a quorum of 55 is necessary to conduct a legitimate meeting.
Services and Activities: The GCA supports and provides funding for the following Glencroft services and activities:
- Annual monetary gifts to Glendale Fire and Police Departments
- Campus beautification requests
- Campus Computer Support
- Friday Night Entertainment
- Glencroft Channel 2 and Channel 4
- Nurses Week
- Off-campus bus trips by the Activities Department
- Resident Birthday Parties
- Resident Telephone Directory
- Special Projects
- Tell Tillie Newsletter bi-monthly
- The Informer
- The Marie Kauffman Library
The GCA Board Supervises the following GCA activities:
- Craft Room Activities (Ceramics, quilting and woodcarving)
- Fund Raising Activities:
- Annual Food Drive for the less fortunate
- Employees’ Gift Fund Drive
- Resident Representatives Activity
- Spiritual Life Activity
- Marketplace Activity
- Thrift Store Activity
- Tulip Patch Activity (our gift store in Providence Place)
You might ask, “How does the GCA fund these efforts?”. Our income is derived from the purchases you make from Ceramics, Marketplace, Thrift Store, Tulip Patch and the various “Donation” boxes located on campus.
We encourage you to find some activity to participate and/or volunteer your talents, time and energy somewhere on campus. There are so many places here that need volunteers, such as: being a Resident Representative or serving in the Market Place, the Thrift Shop or the Tulip Patch. You could read to residents whose eye sight is declining, lead in group devotions, Bible studies or many other opportunities. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, pick up an application form in the Activities Center.
GTV Broadcast Programs